The German Language School Saskatoon currently invites applications for the position of School Principal.
The German Language School Saskatoon is a non-profit organization. We offer classes for children age 5 and up, credit classes, DSD 1 preparation course and exam and various levels for adults.
The Principal leads the school in all academic-related matters, provides oversight over administrative functions, and reports and is accountable to the Board of Directors.
The School Principal’s primary responsibilities include:
- Recruit, mentor, and evaluate teachers and teaching assistants
- Organize classes and oversee student placement (based on registration and available teachers)
- Ensure effective implementation of and enhancements to the curriculum
- Review and sign report cards
- Organize and prepare documents for AGM and board meetings
- Maintain the supplies and materials of the school
- Soliciting funds from local, Provincial, and Federal sources to assist in the running of the Organization, and for cultural events organized to maintain and promote German culture
- Update website, Twitter and Facebook pages
- Respond to specific inquiries from current and new parents/students
- Ensure that all administrative functions are performed as required
- Implements the annual operating plan for the school
- Work closely with the schools accountant to ensure the schools finances/budgets are running smoothly
- Prepare wages for teachers
- Write monthly school newsletters
- Organize and speak at school events
- Represent the school in a variety of German and other heritage language associations
The candidate exhibits leadership qualities, effective team work as well as the ability to delegate, and interacts well with parents and teachers. The candidate has a high degree of organizational and time management skills and is self-driven. Previous administrative experience is considered an asset. The candidate has proficient written and verbal communications skills in English. Preference will be given to candidate’s who are proficient in speaking, reading and writing German.
As the school operates as a non-profit organization, the position requires a certain degree of flexibility with regards to workload and scheduling of hours over the school year, which may not always be consistent from one week to the next. On average, the hours range from approximately 7-20 hour a week. Perfect for stay-at-home moms or someone who is looking for either a part-time or side job and is passionate about the German language and culture! Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please send applications to:
email@example.com with the words “GLS- School Principal” in the subject line.
Application deadline: July 24th, 2017